Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eatable things from me

First I gotta say, I always believed that I couldn’t cook. I didn’t know how to cook and I’d never wanted to cook (if it’s not necessary).You know why I have such a bad feeling about cooking, cause I didn’t have to cook!
Going to a restaurant or buying street foods are so easy for Thai people, also me! Well, I did try thought, but it was not succeed at all. For a stupid reason I guess, I am so scared to get hurt or burn from any cooking stuff, knife, oil, etc. By now I still have this feeling.
When I was in the US, it was rarely for me to have chance to cook- not really, cause I had chance to avoid cooking. I lived with my big sister Ning and my brother in law Edugan. They were cooking 95% of the time. The rest was only when they were not home, I got to feed myself. Also I worked in a Thai restaurant which had a nicest owner in the world. Yeah, never stayed away from good foods.
Until the time came! Boom!! I got married and living in France… Lucky me my husband Nico is a good cook, but he’s French. But I love Thai food, he could cook some but of course I prefer original Thai foods (the real taste I know since I was born) Thai restaurant here is freaking pricey. Therefore, I tried to cook by myself, no need to pay for restaurants!
And…Yeah I cook some by following a cooking website. This is my favorite site : http://www.kruaklaibaan.com/forum/index.php
1. Green curry: I tried many times (well, 3rd time by now actually) and this time seems to be the best. It’s testy, not too creamy.


2. Somtam: this is awesome! I love it! but green papaya is so hard to find and it’s pricey (around 7-10 euros)- so sometimes I use green apple instead – but we’ll get a another testy taste. Hint: big shrimps are the must!




3. Tomyam : this soup makes me almost cry, I’m so proud when I can cook it. The pictures look not so nice, but the tastes is really good – and I set it up with garlic fried rice..so yummy!


4. Pad Thai: this one it’s tricky, need lots of ingredients. I could find some but not all, so it’s look like fried noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment